Thyroid Disorders Community

Could it be my eating disorder?

I self diagnosed myself as bulimic/purging disorder. But I recently had a blood test done and my tpoab was in the 700s. My doctor-mother thinks I have a gluten allergy or thyroid problem. I also have symptoms of someone with a gluten allergy, but I think it comes from my ED. I want to know how do I know if I really have a gluten problem or if it's because of my ED. I know this might be confusing, but thank you
Since your TPOab (thyroid peroxidase antibodies) are elevated, my first guess is that you have a thyroid problem.  A positive TPOab is indicative of Hashimoto's thyroiditis.

If FREE T3, FREE T4 and TSH haven't already been tested, that's your next step.  If they have, please post them with reference ranges.  Ranges vary lab to lab, so they have to come from your own lab report.  

What are your symptoms?