A
A
A
Close
Thyroid Disorders Community
26k Members
1286779 tn?1400016406

DIET

IS ANYBODY FOLLOWING A DIET PLAN FOR THE THYROID DISORDER IF SO CAN YOU ALL PLEASE SHARE IT WITH ME. GAINING AND GAINING. I JUST STARTED EXERCISE PLAN AND WALKING. I ALSO JUST ORDER THE BOOK THYROID SOLOUTION. I KNOW ITS CRAZY BUT I WANT TO TRY TO BE MY OLD SELF. I AM OPEN TO ANY OPIONION YOU GUYS HAVE WITH ANYTHING TO TRY.
2 Responses
231441 tn?1333896366
Hi,

are you properly medicated?  What are your test results and the reference ranges.  Sometimes patients are undertreated, which makes losing weight much harder.

Best diet for thyroid is generally lower carb type diet.  Avoid junk food, highly processed foods, and sugars.  Don't eat too much fruit, or drink fruit juices.  

Some people with thyroid conditions do much better following gluten free diet.  Would be good if you can be tested for celiac.  Sometimes celiac and thyroid occur together.

Hope this helps.

btw, all caps means you are "yelling".  Lower case is generally fine and easier for us to read.
734073 tn?1278899925
Low carb high protein for sure helps. Eat low glysemic index. foods and stay away from highly processed foods and sugars. Eat real food and organic as much as you can. We also avoid gluten and only eat cereal, oats, bread,crackers, pasta and snacks that are gluten free. We also use raw goats milk from a local dairy farm, in our cereal and eat organic meats and eggs (farm fresh) as much as possible. These are all working well for my daughter who is nine and born without a thyroid gland. She is losing weight for the first time ever and her belly is not as bloated. Her blood sugar is finally under control and her appetite is back under control! Daily food choices are huge when there is a thyroid issue. Eating all the junk that everyone else does or that is advertised on TV is not a good idea!
Have an Answer?
Top Thyroid Answerers
649848 tn?1534637300
FL
MI
1756321 tn?1547098925
Queensland, Australia
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
We tapped the CDC for information on what you need to know about radiation exposure
Endocrinologist Mark Lupo, MD, answers 10 questions about thyroid disorders and how to treat them
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.