Thyroid Disorders Community
26k Members

DIET

IS ANYBODY FOLLOWING A DIET PLAN FOR THE THYROID DISORDER IF SO CAN YOU ALL PLEASE SHARE IT WITH ME. GAINING AND GAINING. I JUST STARTED EXERCISE PLAN AND WALKING. I ALSO JUST ORDER THE BOOK THYROID SOLOUTION. I KNOW ITS CRAZY BUT I WANT TO TRY TO BE MY OLD SELF. I AM OPEN TO ANY OPIONION YOU GUYS HAVE WITH ANYTHING TO TRY.

are you properly medicated?  What are your test results and the reference ranges.  Sometimes patients are undertreated, which makes losing weight much harder.

Best diet for thyroid is generally lower carb type diet.  Avoid junk food, highly processed foods, and sugars.  Don't eat too much fruit, or drink fruit juices.  

Some people with thyroid conditions do much better following gluten free diet.  Would be good if you can be tested for celiac.  Sometimes celiac and thyroid occur together.

Hope this helps.

btw, all caps means you are "yelling".  Lower case is generally fine and easier for us to read.
Low carb high protein for sure helps. Eat low glysemic index. foods and stay away from highly processed foods and sugars. Eat real food and organic as much as you can. We also avoid gluten and only eat cereal, oats, bread,crackers, pasta and snacks that are gluten free. We also use raw goats milk from a local dairy farm, in our cereal and eat organic meats and eggs (farm fresh) as much as possible. These are all working well for my daughter who is nine and born without a thyroid gland. She is losing weight for the first time ever and her belly is not as bloated. Her blood sugar is finally under control and her appetite is back under control! Daily food choices are huge when there is a thyroid issue. Eating all the junk that everyone else does or that is advertised on TV is not a good idea!