Aa
A
A
A
Close
Thyroid Disorders Community
26k Members

Early Pregnancy?

I am a 32-year-old who delivered my first child in February of this year.  In June, I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's.  My hubby and I were planning to try to conceive again in February of 09.  I was unable to get pregnant for 5 years previous to my first conception.  I went on a progesterone cream to treat a discharge and the same month got pregnant.  Since delivery, I have had the same discharge before each cycle, and after discussing with my OBGYN, she believes it is unlikely that we will get pregnant again without the progesterone treatment.  My family physician strongly recommended that we not get pregnant until my thyriod medication dosage was right.  We are still testing for that.  However, I am 3 days from my cycle and have not started the discharge and 2 days ago, one of my breasts was leaking.  It has stopped.  I am concerned about being pregnant and the implications of my thyroid disorder on the early pregnancy.  I took a home test this morning that was negative, but I don't know how often I should re-test, or if I should call my doctor (everything I've read online says to get tested as early as possible once you are pregnant to avoid complications from the Hashimoto's)... what do I do?  Wait, or call?
1 Responses
616452 tn?1253881244
The best would probably be to see your Dr as soon as possible and do a blood pregnancy test - to find out soon.  It is very important that your medication gets adjusted as soon as possible - it will be increases but they will have to test your TSH T4 and T3 again.  Im currently 18 weeks pregnant with Hashimoto's and it wasn't planned also a complete shock and out of the blue but got my medication adjusted soon in the pregnancy - main problem is risk of miscarriage if not  TSH between 1-2.

Good luck hope all goes well  
Have an Answer?
Top Thyroid Answerers
649848 tn?1534637300
FL
MI
1756321 tn?1547098925
Queensland, Australia
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
We tapped the CDC for information on what you need to know about radiation exposure
Endocrinologist Mark Lupo, MD, answers 10 questions about thyroid disorders and how to treat them
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.