Thyroid Disorders Community

Elevated PTH, Calcium, and Low Phosphorus

I have had an elevated Calcium and Low Phosphorus since 1988, and none of my doctors at that time seemed concerned.  Then I was having some elevated kidney functions, and I went to see a specialist for kidneys.  He saw the elevated number.  Now my Calcium is always in the normal range, but a high normal.  Always in the 9's, and my phosphorus is usually 2.  Like I said this has been going on since 1988.  I had 2 parathyroid scans which showed nothing, but I do know that there could be a hidden adenoma not seen on the scans.  I saw an Endocrinologist, and he said they could do a exploratory on me to see if I have a hidden growth, but all my doctors do not want to start prying around in my neck.  I am presently under treatment for Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia, and I have been stable and in remission.  My concern is that if I have had this problem for over 20 years, and the numbers have never changed I would like to just leave it alone and monitor it on a regular basis.  I am looking for another opinion to see if someone agrees with me.
The phosphorus is still low but calcium looks Ok (is normal), have you tested for  ionized calcium? are your kidneys ok?, do you have symptoms? how high is your PTH?