Thyroid Disorders Community
26k Members

Exercise and Sickness Causing Extreme Fatigue

I am determined to lose weight. I started out okay but after only a week and a half, I am extremely fatigued. It got worse each day. Today I didn't feel like doing anything. I feel the same way when fighting off an illness. I had papillary cancer, a TT, and RAI. I haven't received my most recent results but the tests were done before I began exercising. I was not concerned at the time because I felt fine and just wanted my Synthroid prescription renewed. I know I should check the FT3 and FT4 levels. What are the reference levels?
Was that only  a week and a half ago when you had the TT?   Do you have any other symptoms besides the fatigue?

Lab results and associated reference ranges vary from one lab to another, so you need to always compare results and ranges from the same lab.  Whatever results and ranges you have, for the most part you would want to see Free T4 and Free T3 in the upper half of their ranges.  

Also hypo patients are frequently too low in the ranges for Vitamin D, B12 and ferritin.  If not tested for those I recommend it.  D should be 55-60, B12 in the upper end of its range, and ferritin should be 70 minimum.  Low levels can cause symptoms.  Low D or low ferritin can also adversely affect metabolism of thyroid hormone.  If you can get those tested you can supplement on your own to optimize.