FAT NECK
Is it normal to feel as though your neck is swollen and trouble swallowing when you are hyperthyroid? I am extremely hyperthyroid- not registering anything at all on TSH and T3 & T4 are off the scale. Am taking Neomerazole - Dr upped the dose to twice a day as nothing is happening yetand YES i am taking all the tablets as well as evening primrose oild- did i mention that my hair is now falling out. Now that i come to think of it not one doctor has felt my neck!!!!
If you are not tested positive for Graves’s disease, you need to have thyroid ultrasound to see if you have nodules, as if they are growing, they may cause compressive symptoms you are describing.
The large nodules can be detected during Thyroid neck check (self test procedure, search forum for this).