Thyroid Disorders Community
26k Members

Follicular neoplasm (adenoma)

Please help me to understand my report - Smears and cell block sections from A shows a variably cellular follicular lesion, in some areas variable clusters of follicular cells are present admixed with watery and solid colloid with focal Hurthle cell change.     What does this mean?  What's the difference between adenoma and cancer?
I would consider to have a different cyologist to look on your slides because watery colloid ins NOT commonly present in neoplasms.
In addition, the follicular or Hurthle cells must be present in the form of sheets.