Thyroid Disorders Community
26k Members

Follicular thyroid cancer

Is a 2mm follicular thyroid cancer bad?
Need some more info..
*Any* thyroid cancer is bad but follicular thyroid cancer is treatable and a 2mm size is treatable.
Did you get these findings from a surgery pathology report?

Cheryl
follicular is treatable; are you being treated--are they going to remove it, partially or your whole thyroid?  Removing the whole thing is standard practice now even when its only part of it not working.  This reduces recurrence.  Is it benign or malignant?  Have you had a biopsy?  Push for this!!!
Hi annggee, just reading your comment i am due to have a Total thyroidectomy in two days time absolutely beside myself have only been told its follicular cancer,  sorry but still a bit confussed could this come out and then they tell me whether benign or malignant dont understand it all, i was told that it was not urgent urgent have been waiting 3 months for surgery