A
A
A
Close
Thyroid Disorders Community
26.1k Members
393685 tn?1425812522

Getting my ARMOUR filled. ARGH

I wanted to ask any Armour people out there IF you are finding this senerio as I did yesterday.

It's a fact - and we know - that Forest LAbs is having a dosage shortage lately - I have had to take smaller tablet dosages to get my full Rx occassionally. BUT this is what really has me thinking.

I have a $10 co pay on all Rx's. BUT since the pharmacy can not get the 1 grain tablets I had to pay last month $20 co pay b/c my Rx was filled with 30mg (1/2 grains) for the month

Yesterday I couldn't get 1/2 grain - one grain or anything above. I was forced to get 15mg tablets which shot my co-pay up to $50 for a one month supply.

The insurance company bases the co pay on pill dosages and not the Rx. Trust me I called.

I'm feeling a bit of a conspiracy going on here. I know not many here are on Armour - but I was thinking of trying to contact the Colorado thyroid group and the site with Mary Shoman. I really think this is getting out of control.

I suppose I am first requesting any feedback from you all here first. Then I will see if I need to move forward on this.

1 Responses
168348 tn?1379357075
I don't take Armour, but do feel so bad for those who do during this shortage.  How the heck do you split a 15mg tablet into a small dose and be sure it's pretty accurate.

I have a ? for you ..... have you contacted a compounding pharmacy at all to see if A) they can compound it into a 30 day liquid supply if there is a recipe to do so and B) how much your insurance will pay for it that way if it i covered.

This happened with Voltaren when my daughter had arthritis many yrs ago and it was out of production for almost a year .. she went thru ev. other NSAID and ended up wit a small ulceration that to this day still bothers her with Motrin type products.  

Bottom line:  We are at their mercy and mayb a big hitter like the MS needs to step in with enough push from the Armour population.

But I'm not all that well versed since I take Synthroid.

C~
Have an Answer?
Top Thyroid Answerers
649848 tn?1534633700
FL
MI
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
We tapped the CDC for information on what you need to know about radiation exposure
Endocrinologist Mark Lupo, MD, answers 10 questions about thyroid disorders and how to treat them
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child