A
A
Close
Thyroid Disorders Community
26.1k Members
396278 tn?1207693392

Going hypo for scans....

TT Dec 07 RAI for pap carc Feb 08

I went off my Levothroid on the 16th of last month to have a full body scan 3 weeks later. I began my Levo again a day after the scan. I'm having some very strange symptoms and I wondered if I may be experiencing severe hypothyroidism. Have you ever been doing sit ups and your stomach muscles start to burn? All of my muscles feel like that. My arms, my legs, my back, etc. When i move my muscles feel weak and slow. My hands and ankles are far more swollen than usual. I've gone hypo for tests before but the last time I did, my doc put me on a very high dose of Levo right afterward to bring my TSH back down. This time, I just went back on my normal dosage. Has anyone had something like this? Are these new symptoms hypo-related or should I be worried that something else is wrong?
2 Responses
398079 tn?1235171132
Hello darksun, I think its hypo? I just had blood work done this week and I went from hyper to hypo in less than 30 days and boy I sympathize with you. I would ask your doc to check your blood work in 3-4weeks to make sure it gets closer to normal for you. Glad to see you post and that things are going ok for you. Take care <3 K
I went hypo from hyper and I noticed that about muscles aching without doing much activity such as working out would normally do,  The swelling of the hands and feet face is swollen due to hypo.  I do wish that being normal would come soon and solve all these problems.  I am also taking that medicine and the doctor says I am close to normal  6.4  
Have an Answer?
Top Thyroid Answerers
649848 tn?1534633700
FL
MI
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
We tapped the CDC for information on what you need to know about radiation exposure
Endocrinologist Mark Lupo, MD, answers 10 questions about thyroid disorders and how to treat them
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.