A
A
Close
Thyroid Disorders Community
26.1k Members
707563 tn?1587576687

Guidelines: Alternative Therapies

Hi,

We've spent an enormous amount of time reading through long, controversial posts in your community and are so proud of thyroid and all your members!  It's one of our most amazing communities on MedHelp and because of all that each and every one of you and your members do on a daily basis, we are what we are today and that is the BEST online thyroid community!!!

As you may or may not be aware, controversial therapies have been an issue on some of our other communities through the years and not just thyroid.  When community members begin to lose unity, we always need to really look hard and deep at the community as a whole, acting within our guidelines.

We've given this a few months to play out and, unfortunately, the non traditional approach on thyroid is not helping build our community, which, I am sure you will agree, is not what we want to ever happen.  We want it to be a safe haven for all.

So, starting today - any references to "Why Do I Still Have Thyroid Symptoms? When My Lab Tests are Normal" by Datis Kharrazian with the link or heavy-duty promoting of it MUST BE referenced to a MedHelp Health page and/or spoken about on our Alternative Therapies Communities.  We really want it to stay on thyroid, but it must be referenced through our health pages.

This has been a team-decision among MedHelp managers, along with our moderation team.

Please understand this is not a personal decision, but one based on the needs of your community and your dedicated members new and old alike.
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Thyroid Answerers
649848 tn?1534633700
FL
MI
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
We tapped the CDC for information on what you need to know about radiation exposure
Endocrinologist Mark Lupo, MD, answers 10 questions about thyroid disorders and how to treat them
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child