Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
865758 tn?1285952904

HELP with hormone imbalance

I am 32 years old and just recently diagnosed with Hashimoto's thyroiditis.  Previous to that my OB/GYN diagnosed me with low estrogen.  My estradiol level was 42.  When my endo doc ran the TPO antibody test he also checked my testosterone levels and they have come back high.  Does the thyroid cause all these other imbalances as well?  My endo suggested peri menopause because of the Hashimoto's and I have all the symptoms but afraid that it is just the thyroid messing everything up.  He talked about possible estrogen replacement but I don't want to go there if not necessary.
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
393685 tn?1425812522
First off what stage were you at when testing. Were they tests on estrodiol and testosterone done at different times and on a different cycles of your period?

If this type of testing is not done at specific times of the month at exactly the same time each time they test them, then stabbing at "lack of estrodiol" and over stimulation of testosterone is only a guess. Treatment could fail for you - if these tests are not looked at specific certain times of each time they are testing you.

Can thyroid mess up these labs?? Sure it can. The thyroid controls almost every aspect of proper body function and if it is running low - then a world of other hormones and conditions can be jazzed up and happen to you.

Helpful - 0
865758 tn?1285952904
I first had my estradiol level ran randomly.  The level at that time was 45, then they retested it on the 3rd day of my cycle and it came back at 42.  My endo ran the estradiol and testosterone during ovulation because the estrogen level is suppose to rise during this time.  This time it came back again at 42.  Does this help?
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Thyroid Disorders Community

Top Thyroid Answerers
649848 tn?1534633700
FL
MI
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
We tapped the CDC for information on what you need to know about radiation exposure
Endocrinologist Mark Lupo, MD, answers 10 questions about thyroid disorders and how to treat them
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.