Thyroid Disorders Community
26k Members

HORMONES CAUSE WEIGHT GAIN

HELLO,
GREETING .... I NEED TO KNOW THE CAUSES OF WEIGHT GAIN DURING DEPRESSION, ANXITY, FEEL BAD DUE TO HORMONES DISTURBANCE .

IN THIS CASE WHEN I FEEL SO GOOD, I LOOS WEIGHT BUT WHEN I FEEL SO BAD OR ANXIT & DEPRISSION OR THINK A LOT, MY WEIGHT INCREASE UNDER SAME LIFE STYLE,

IF THE CAUSE OF THIS PROBLEM IS RELATED TO HORMONES, WHICH HORMONES MAY CAUSE IT? (EXCLUDE T3, T4, TSH)

THANKS
With all those hypo symptoms you definitely need to get started on thyroid meds.  You should target getting your FT3 level into the upper quarter of the range and see if that is enough to relieve symptoms.  Since your FT3 and FT4 are relatively in the same part of their ranges, indicating adequate conversion of T4 to T3, you might be successful at increasing your FT3 and FT4 levels with T4 meds.  

Beyond that you need to do what I suggested above.  

"Another thing to be aware of is that your description of varying symptoms suggests possibilities that should be further tested.  I would suggest that you get tested for Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, by testing for the thyroid antibodies, TPO ab and TG ab.  Also, just to be sure, might be good to test for Grave's Disease, by running a TSI test.  The other thing to consider would be to get an ultrasound test on your thyroid glands to determine if you have any nodules."

Another thing that comes to mind is a 24 hour urine cortisol test to assess adrenal function.  Many hypo patients also find that they are deficient in areas of Vitamin A, D, B12, zinc, iron, selenium, RBC magnesium.  

Please let us know how all this proceeds and how you are feeling.
have you had your blood tested for a Thyroid panel?

If so post those results and we can help.

All sorts of hormones affect your mood and your weight gain.

Thyroid does have a huge affect on your metabolism rate and thus your weight.  Too high and you can loose weight, too low and you'll gain weight.

Thyroid is also associated with mood including depression and anxiety.  Some people can get off of or have no need to take anti-depressants or anti anxiety medicine simply by getting their Thyroid levels balanced correctly.

However there are other hormones in your body as well.  They all have to be in proper balance and that can be tricky.  Some people report that when they first start and control their Thyroid, the others are then more stabilized and can be adjusted better with medicine if need be.

There is a thyroid condition called Hashimoto's.  It is an auto-immune condition where your body "sees" your Thyroid as a foreign invadoer and goes about attacking and killing the Thyroid.  Sometimes this progression results in the Thyroid production to be normal and sometimes it can swing between high and low.  You would likely feel they symptoms as it swings if you have this condition.  Hashi's is the most common cause for low thyroid.

Other conditions such as nodules can be on the Thyroid.  These can inhibit and then "leak" Thyroid hormone.  This too would result or could result in swinging from normal to low to high or anywhere in between.

The bottom line is, you need to get some blood tests and go from there.
THANK YOU

T3, T4, TSH RESULT ARE NORMAL LEVEL

****

I HAD EMPTY SELLA (MRI RESULT)

ALSO I HAVE CHRONIC HEADACHE AND OTHER SYMPTOMS (ALL UNDIAGNSED)

PLEASE READ THIS TOPIC:
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Thyroid-Disorders/abnormal-heat-inside-my-body-during-sleep-/show/1598125

THANK YOU
NORMAL means absolutel NOTHING.

That only means SOMEWHERE within the normal range.  And that alone means absolutely nothing!  you can still be Hypo and be within "normal" range.  The "normal" range is FAR too broad.

Please list your actual test results and the reference ranges the labs used!

Most people find that they need to be at the middle of the range for FREE T4 and in the upper 1/3 of the range for FREE T3 in order to feel well.  If you are at the bottom of the ranges you can and likely will be Hypo.  Do NOT let your Dr's just brush you off telling you that the tests are "normal".  If you live in the USA by law they have to provide you with a written copy of your test results if you ask them.  Do not be timid.  If you don't have the test results.  Ask for them!
my results:

T4:  97.57 n mol\l  .............. (66 - 181 n mol\l)
T3:  1.93 n mol\l    .............. (1.3 - 3.1 n mol\l)
TSH:  1.72 mIU\ml  ............. ( 0.27 - 4.2)

I DID MEET ENDOCRINOLOGIST & TELL ME EVERY THING ARE JUST FINE.

YOUR OPINION ?
can you mention any test or investigation that may help me to have definitive diagnosis?