Thyroid Disorders Community
26k Members

Hair loss questions

Hi. I am just wondering if there is anyone out there like me with my symtoms.  I had thyroid cancer in 2005 and had my thyroid  removed followed by iod. rad. treatment.  I have been 4 years with no complications.  But have lost about 60% of my hair in about the last 5 months, no stress, no major events.  I have had a CBC, meetings with my endo, met with a derm. doc and have had no answers. I am a healthy 33 yr old female, no kids.  Can anyone out there relate, help?

This discussion is related to Synthroid medication causing hair loss.
Hair loss is usually a symptom of hypothyroidism or undermedication.  

Do you have the results of your latest free T3, free T4 and TSH and their reference ranges?  If not you can call your doctor and get them (be sure to ask for ranges, too).  If you'd like, you can post those, and members can comment more intelligently.