Thyroid Disorders Community

Help with my lab results

Thyroxine (T4) Free, Direct, S

T4,Free(Direct)
1.21NORMAL
Reference Range: 0.82-1.77 ng/dL
TSH

TSH
0.563
Reference Range: 0.450-4.500 uIU/mL
Thyroid Antibodies

Thyroid Peroxidase (TPO) Ab
13
Reference Range: 0-34 IU/mL
Thyrotropin Receptor Ab, Serum

Thyrotropin Receptor Ab, Serum
0.61
Reference Range: 0.00-1.75 IU/L
TgAb+Thyroglobulin,IMA or LCMS

Thyroglobulin by IMA
10.8
Reference Range: 1.5-38.5 ng/mL
Thyroglobulin Antibody
<1.0
Reference Range: 0.0-0.9

These are the results of my lab work, if I am reading it right it all looks normal. I am very surprised by this considering all of my symptoms.weight gain, fatigue, dry skin, migraines, muscle aches. I also have a nodule on my thyroid that I am waiting for biopsy results. I go back to doc on Wednesday but got these results online.
Hypothyroidism is not just inadequate thyroid hormone.  The correct definition is "insufficient tissue T3 effect due to inadequate supply of, or response to, thyroid hormone". So it is not just thyroid hormone levels, there are a number of other variables that affect Tissue T3 Effect, which is synonymous with your thyroid status.  

In addition there is no biochemical tests that can be used as pass/fail decisions about a person''s thyroid status.  The best indicator is an evaluation for symptoms that occur more frequently with hypothyroidism.  You have mentioned several of those.    Next consideration is test results.  

Your test results are okay except that your Free T4 is a bit lower than required by many people.  You also need to test for Free T3, Reverse T3, cortisol, Vitamin D, B12 and ferritin.   If you can get those done, and then post results and reference ranges here, we will be happy to help interpret and advise further.  

If you want to confirm what I have said, click on my name and then scroll down to my Journal and read at least the one page overview of a full paper on Diagnosis and Treatment of Hypothyroidism: a Patient's Perspective.