A
A
A
Close
Thyroid Disorders Community
26k Members

Hypothyroid symptoms/ pregnancy

Hello all,

I have been a thyroid patient (hypo) for about 6 years. I am currently taking synthroid- 100 mcg. Here are my current test results:          (range)

TSH- 2.65           (.40-4.5)
T4- 8.0               (4.5-12.0)
Free T4- 1.1        (.8- 1.8)
Free T3- 2.7        (2.3-4.2)

My questions are: Do my scores "look" good? Where should my labs be for getting/being pregnant?

On the blood work results, it states that my TSH for being in the first trimester should be .26- 2.66 but I think we all know that the ranges aren't always right. I know that I have felt better in the past while having a TSH of about 1.0 and that I currently feel like crap (foggy minded, hair falling out, weight gain with no lifestyle changes, etc.). Are my Free T3 and Free T4 scores where they should be?
1 Responses
Both your FT3 and FT4 are on the low side, and those numbers are supported by your symptoms.  FT4 is only 30% of range (50% is the guideline), and FT3 is only 21% of range (50+% is the guideline here).

It looks from your labs like you need an increase, and you have the symptoms to match.  You want to increase your meds a bit and make sure they're stable before conceiving.  You'll want to be monitored carefully during pregnancy as demand is likely to increase.  

Have an Answer?
Top Thyroid Answerers
649848 tn?1534637300
FL
MI
1756321 tn?1547098925
Queensland, Australia
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
We tapped the CDC for information on what you need to know about radiation exposure
Endocrinologist Mark Lupo, MD, answers 10 questions about thyroid disorders and how to treat them
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.