Thyroid Disorders Community
26k Members

Hypothyroidism mistaken for Post Partum Thyroiditis

Hi all,

Well after a lengthy nearly 3 year battle with my thyroid and being told I had Hypothyroidism I finally got the answers I have been looking for, I went to see a lead endocrinologist specialist and he was fantastic, thank god for specialists.
It turns out, like so many other people who have gone to the Dr with a thyroid issue they have been mis diagnosed, like I was, I was diagnosed with post postpartum thyroiditis and now have to be slowly taken off the Eltroxyn that I was on, and I have to say all the rapid heart beats, the anxiety, the weigh gain, the irritability has finally gone its a weird feeling especially after having it for such along time, but honestly guys, ask your Dr if that is what it is, it is more relevant if you have had a child as well..................... very interesting, read up on it and you will be very surprised at how related things are.  I was also on Depo provera as well and that too I have to be removed from as it does not help with a thyroid issue.  My TSH T3 and T4 will be tested again in a few weeks but if they are normal ranges I will be off the tablets for good....yipeeeeeeeeee.
I hope this information helps someone else like it helped me.......................check it out and ask your Dr if this could be you as well................