Thyroid Disorders Community

I don't know what to do about weight gain??

I have gained 25 lbs and continue to gin weight.
A year ago I could eat a slice of pizza now if I do I  gain 3 to 5 lbs.

I am on  100ml of synthroid.

If you have any tips please advise!!

I am going to try the gluten free products.
COMMUNITY LEADER
What are your current thyroid hormone levels?  You should be getting tested for Free T3, Free T4 and TSH on a regular basis.  Sounds like you might need an adjustment to your medication.

For many of us, once we become hypo, foods like pizza have to come off the menu, or at least be eaten only rarely.

You have to take in less calories than you use in order to lose weight.  Make sure you get plenty of exercise.
Thank you for responding to my questions.

I do go to my endocrinologist every three month for blood work.  I just don't know what to eat.

I am eating fruit and vegetables.
I was thinking of joining weight watchers.
I need some type of diet to follow.
If you have any suggestions please let me know.
My Dr says to exercise which is what I have been doing.  It is such a ordeal and change in life style that all of a sudden you can hardly eat!!