Thyroid Disorders Community
26k Members

Large Pre-Cancerous Nodules

Hi All,
I see a lot of posts on here pertaining to nodule size/cancer scares and I just wanted to share a positive experience.

My  thyroid mass was 8 cm total. My biggest nodule was a 5cm hurthle cell nodule and benign. The nodules were obstructing my trachea, making it difficult to swallow and coughing.

I did have two spots of 2mm pap cancer... but am considered cured because there was nothing in the lymphnodes surrounding the mass.

Also had a positive experience with my thyroid completion surgery. Surgery went great and the recovery was not too bad.. only took Tylenol with codeine.

I was a mess last year when I was diagnosed with hurthle cells and some great people on this site talked some sense into me and made me feel better. I hope my experience will help others.

We can't always assume we're the worst case scenario :)
Your experience does make me feel better, as I am at the beginning of this whole thyroid rodeo. I have had a goiter for three years, I am 38, and recently had a biopsy of a 4.3 cm tumor consuming the left lobe of my thyroid. For the last couple of days I have been an emotional wreck. Your experience has been very comforting. I am going to see the surgeon tomorrow and get my biopsy results. Did the doctors biopsy your nodules, and if so, what were your results?

Shelly
Thank you for sharing your experience!  I have just had a biopsy today on a complex nodule and am worried about everything.  You're positive experience is very helpful!