Thyroid Disorders Community

Large red area on thyroid ultrasound

During my most recent physical, my doctor noted that my right thyroid appears enlarged. She sent me for an ultrasound to investigate. During the ultrasound I noticed that the right side lit up super red and orange in one spot, whereas the left side only showed slight blues.  I won't be able to see my doctor until Saturday (today is Monday) and I am trying not to spiral down the black hole that is Google.  Should I be worried?
Usually the "warm colors on the ultra scan shows abnormal activity or HOT reaction in the area the scan is viewing. I don't feel you should be off the charts worried however further work up should be considered.