Low body temp?

Just curious, having low body temperature between 95.8 - 96.8 lately - could this be a sign of thyroid disorder? I don't ever remember my body temperature being this low.
Low body tempature can be one symptom of hypothyroidism.  But it's only that and not a concrete sign.  Therefore, it can't be used as a diagnotic tool.  That it was and sometimes still is has been the problem.

Also, by no means, in itself, is low body temperature indicative of a problem with T3.  As someone who had the thryoid removed and subsequently gets monitored for issues with T3; never has the subject of low body temperature been broached.

stella5349:  "We know the story on Dr. Wilson."  ~ There are many who do not.  Too many, if you ask me.  I am continuously amazed by that and highly recommend they find out.

For an overview of thyroid disease, I recommend the websites and readings from the American Thyroid Association and the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists.  ...Lest that sound too ethnocentric, there's always the British Thyroid Association.
COMMUNITY LEADER
I had never heard of Dr Wilson until just a while ago when I read another post about Wilson's Temperature Syndrome.  A quick search led me to a very informative article by the ATA, which does not recognize the condition because it's too nonspecific.  Would be a good thing to add in somewhere so "newbies" like myself don't get caught up in thinking there might be something there for us.  Fortunately, I took the time to do the search (a lot of people won't) and I'm glad I looked at the ATA article.  

Low body temps can be from many things.

I am hypo (treated), have Lyme Disease and other health problems related to one or the other.

I have low body temps and also fevers. I could blame the low temp on hypo and the fevers on Lyme, but we just don't know.
Thank you.  You both make points that are part of what I'm always trying to say - if someone (anyone) doesn't say something these things could unknowingly lead someone in an unhealthy, if not dangerous, direction; and there can be many reasons for low temperature.
I agree.
Once I was dx'd with Lyme, I tried to make all my problems fit that. (After trying to make all my sx fit Thyroid!)
The doctor I see know, looks at me having multiple layers that need fixing, usually one or 2 at a time.
He said- "Let's treat the Lyme and we will see what's left."

Thanks, Thypatient, for being realistic, even when we don't want to hear it! lol
Thank you all so much for all of the info. I see my Endo doctor sometime in March, I think. I see him for an adrenal tumor on my left adrenal gland. He does all of the thyroid tests, well maybe not ALL, but he does quite a few of them. I do recall seeing the TSH, T3 and T4 on his list as tests I am to be tested for.

OK what I want to know is I had a complete hysterectomy in February 2008 and I opted NOT to take hormone replacement therapy - could this have an effect on my thyroid? I am beginning to think it is wrecking havoc on everything from not taking hormones :(

You are reading content posted in the Thyroid Disorders Community