Low iodine diet unsalted margarine question

Confused about soybean oil on a low iodine diet. The thyca.org website has a low iodine diet cookbook and lists what you can and cannot have. One the can't have- all soy products. On the can have side all oils including soy oil?  What does this mean. I found an unsalted margarine and all ingredients look good except it has soybean oil. Is is ok?

Any info is appreciated.
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
Hi janiceg44, I have Toxic Multi Nodular Goiter so I tend to be more Hyper than Hypo (theoretically) and have cut way back on Iodine.  I can't tell if this makes a difference or not because I have radically changed my diet so I am sure a lot of that makes the difference.

I can tell you that I have big problem with Soy, almost like an allergy. If I eat anything with Canola oil or Soybean oil or soy flakes, the left side of my thyroid swells and feel bad for a day or two.

It seems kind of odd that they would say soy is bad but soy oil is okay.

Does Soy affect you the same way or no?

After i read this web site I coudl start to ss more how soy affects me personally;  

http://www.naturalhealthtechniques.com/Diet_Nutrition/SoyHazards.htm

All cells in the body need Iodine. I have been searching to find what the best balance is for me.

McMillan
If you can - try to stay off the soy too. You will get some in no matter what - but limit it.