A
A
A
Close
Thyroid Disorders Community
26k Members
647554 tn?1227120082

Lump in my neck

I've a lump in the right hand side of my neck, my voice has been hoarse for last two years and I feel like there's something stuck in my throat all the time. I sometimes get pain from my ear down my neck. Should I be worried about this? Please help.
3 Responses
Well, I had similar symptoms and recently was diagnosed with papillary thyroid cancer-do not be alarmed...can't freak out until you have a diagnosis- it could be something else.  Go see an ear nose throat doc and demand a ct scan of your throat including thyroid.  Good luck:)
Also-I don't want you to worry- thyroid cancer is extremely common and curable! Google neck check for thyroid cancer and check your thyroid ( however, my nodule was tiny, so you may not notice if you have one).  Also, do you notice any swollen lymph nodes in your neck? Keep me posted!
649848 tn?1534637300
COMMUNITY LEADER
Any lumps or changes in your body (voice hoarseness, etc) should be taken seriously and checked out, though they may not all be "serious". Have you seen a doctor for this.  That would be your first step, then take it one thing at a time.

Thyroid cancer is relatively rare, but highly curable.

Thyroid nodules are very common, especially with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, so you would need some basic thyroid tests to start with, along with an ultra sound.  

The first tests you need to get are TSH, Free T3 and Free T4, along with Thyroid Peroxidase Antibodies (TPOab) and Thyroglobulin Antibodies (TGab).  

If you have any test results, please post them, with reference ranges so members can better assess your situation.
Have an Answer?
Top Thyroid Answerers
649848 tn?1534637300
FL
MI
1756321 tn?1547098925
Queensland, Australia
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
We tapped the CDC for information on what you need to know about radiation exposure
Endocrinologist Mark Lupo, MD, answers 10 questions about thyroid disorders and how to treat them
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.