Thyroid Disorders Community
26k Members

Lump in my neck

I've a lump in the right hand side of my neck, my voice has been hoarse for last two years and I feel like there's something stuck in my throat all the time. I sometimes get pain from my ear down my neck. Should I be worried about this? Please help.
Well, I had similar symptoms and recently was diagnosed with papillary thyroid cancer-do not be alarmed...can't freak out until you have a diagnosis- it could be something else.  Go see an ear nose throat doc and demand a ct scan of your throat including thyroid.  Good luck:)
Also-I don't want you to worry- thyroid cancer is extremely common and curable! Google neck check for thyroid cancer and check your thyroid ( however, my nodule was tiny, so you may not notice if you have one).  Also, do you notice any swollen lymph nodes in your neck? Keep me posted!
COMMUNITY LEADER
Any lumps or changes in your body (voice hoarseness, etc) should be taken seriously and checked out, though they may not all be "serious". Have you seen a doctor for this.  That would be your first step, then take it one thing at a time.

Thyroid cancer is relatively rare, but highly curable.

Thyroid nodules are very common, especially with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, so you would need some basic thyroid tests to start with, along with an ultra sound.  

The first tests you need to get are TSH, Free T3 and Free T4, along with Thyroid Peroxidase Antibodies (TPOab) and Thyroglobulin Antibodies (TGab).  

If you have any test results, please post them, with reference ranges so members can better assess your situation.