Thyroid Disorders Community

Need More Info..

My brother was diagnosed with having to much calcium in his body and he needs to have surgery on his neck to remove the glands and i was wondering, I have been feeling depressed , tired all the time, no energy, my bones are sore, not feeling hungry, blurry vision, confused, and i also have had kidney stones for about 7 months now. I was wondering if this is hereditary and if i could get more info on what this is called. Any information would be appreciated. Should i have my calcium levels tested and what do i need to have done?
Could it be hyperparathyroidism?

Make sure he gets a 24hour urine test which measures minerals, etc. via urine and calcium as well as complete metabollic bloodwork.  Also to be under the care of both a good endocrinologist + urlogist.,

I produce calcium oxalate kidney stones but my calcium is normal.  I have had these tests more than once.

Kidney stones are herditary; not sure on the thyroid end of things, though sorry.

Having calcium levels tested is via simple blood test and/or 24hr urine.

Be aware of the kidney stones being hereditary .. not sure on your age.  My mother, brother and father all have had stones .. my most recent was a battle that lasted 3 yrs to get rid of the last one and they are very painful and can cause secondary issues.

Cheryl

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY!
Thanks for the info. Well i am 35 and i have had kidney stones for 7 months now and i cannot pass them, i do know that my father had kidney stones and so did his dad. Is hyperparathyroidism dangerous?  I don't know to much about it and wanted to get more info on it. Thanks
I'll do a new post and put out the ? for you .. C~

http://endocrine.niddk.nih.gov/pubs/hyper/hyper.htm
Thank you so very much..