Need a Thyroid Doc in South Carolina

Does anyone know a thyroid doctor in SC that is not hung up on the TSH test as the "gold standard"?  If my thyroid gets any lower I think I will die.  My symptoms are off the chart along with my T4.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
LOL...we are trying to find one here in NY that does not base diagnosis on
TSH..first!...I guess they all went to the same school...haha
Helpful - 0
take a look on a google seach for the top thyroid docs. You should see SC listed there.
Helpful - 0
I did go to one of the Top Thyroid doctors.  She said "you need a specialist", she was an Internist.  Then she tried to sell me her diet program to the tune of $150 per week-yes week.  I filed a complaint with the web site but it doesn't seem to be up to date the way it should.  I still check on it but was a little disappointed.  Called another Dr. on the site and was told that TSH WAS the 'gold standard" so I won't be going there.  Thanks for the reply, I am still looking on that site in hopes of finding someone that has not been brain washed.
Helpful - 0
You are right about that!  If that is all it takes to be a Thyroid Expert we all need to hang out a sign, take a TSH test and then say "YOUR NORMAL".
By the way-love your sign on name, I am too!
Helpful - 0
Thanks!! Yeah..that's exactly what I say....gotta laugh about it to keep from crying..LOL
Helpful - 0
What part of South Carolina?
Helpful - 0
Greenville and all surrounding areas are fine.  Charleston, Florence, Myrtle Beac, Anderson, Greenwood, etc.  Have car will drive.....
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Thyroid Disorders Community