*PLEASE SEE HORMONE TEST RESULTS & SYMPTOMS TOWARDS BOTTOM BEFORE YOU QUIT:
Hello, I am an overall healthy fit 40 yr old single mom (2 children) with a very high pain tolerance and whom hit menopause early (year & half since last menstrual cycle). I have been without health insurance in the past few years and in dire need of some direction. I am not on any medication, only daily multi-vitamin & healthy diet. I'm rarely ever ill, no major surgeries and only history of Asthma & treated for Squamous intraepithelial lesions on cervix when I was 20. Though, my luck ran out over the past couple years as I have been tested, scanned and poked on since May of 2010 trying to seek resolution to the following issues at the local charity hospitals & clinics (wait list year long for specialty doctors so that's why I am still don't have diagnosis):
Total Protein 8.3
SO, (11/28/12- Emergency room trip), I started having unbearable left lower pelvic pains that woke me up out the blue, within a couple hours I had what appeared to be mucus tinged with blood, pains worsened and blood became heavier (keep in mind I haven't had a period in year and half), I felt a bubbly gurgling feeling in my belly and alot of gas, constipated, started feeling faint and dizzier after a couple more hours then finally to ER. They did abdominal xray showed calcifications but no free air, (see blood work below), CT w/contrast & sent me home with a piece of paper that said Heterogeneous Ovarian cysts and pain meds.
( ER 11/28/2012) CT ABD/PELVIS WITH AND WO/CONTRAST:
Findings: no free air, 2.5 cm heterogeneous ovoid structure in left lower quadrant, most likely an ovarian cyst.
Impression: Cystic appearing structure in lower left quadrant. There is increased density within this structure, may represent a hemorrhagic cyst.
(ER 11/28/2012) ABDOMEN DECUBITUS/ERECT:
Findings: Nonspecific calcifications in the pelvis.
MY MAIN CONCERN IS OVARIAN CANCER due to my above symptoms over the past 2 years. I only bled for 3 days but still have significant gurgling/gas feeling in belly in left upper quadrant of abdomen, occasional loose bowel that seems to contain alot of mucus otherwise still constipated and feels like when I can strain to pass stool there is something in between muscle and ? keeping me from being able to push it through. (sorry for the detail), and still having pelvic pains in the lower left quadrant (not constant ache but like a contraction wave pain and fullness in that area.
(8/2012 below test)
Free T4= .70
TSH = 4.26
T3 Uptake = 33.9
T4 (Thyroxine) = 8.0
Calc T7 (FTI) = 2.6
(Aug 2011) Upper Endoscopy
Discharge sheet only states: Results: Reflux; Hiatal hernia (given meds for heartburn & diet)
(July 2011) Thyroid Uptake Scan; Nodule RT lobe
(Jan 2011) Thyroid Ultrasound - 4.6x1.7x1.6 cm X 4.8x1.5x1.5. Gland is heterogeneous. Enlarged
(Jan 2011) Barium Swallow, Echo, PFT
Findings: Swallowing grossly normal, Sliding hiatal hernia noted but no definitive evidence of reflux.
(Oct 2010) Two view Abdominal Series (Chest CT w/o Contrast):
Findings: Unremarkable bowel gas pattern & several non-specific left pelvic calcifications. No significant mediastinal adenopathy.
(Oct 2010) Chest Xray at ER for shortness of breath - Diagnosis: Fatigue Syndrome & Chest Wall Mass - chest wall mass never mentioned again.
1. Fatigue (to point of being tested for narcolepsy- dazed - trouble remembering, fog brain)
2. Easily winded ( get a full breath - in addition to the swollen thyroid pressing on my windpipe)
3. Bloating from sternum down to pelvic region. Severe that last 2-5 days (other days feels like my skin is going to tear i feel so swollen at times, itchy skin as well)
4. Eating (full feeling at sternum after only a few bites of food, take tiny bites to keep from choking, nausea after eating, cough up mucus phlegm right after I eat to the point I tend to avoid eating out due to above)
5. Weight gain (5'2 avg 125lbs till past 2 years- gained 40 lbs with exercise & healthy lifestyle)
6. Severe hair loss & breakage (Minoxidil-not helping), wild dark coarse hairs sprouting on chin tho blonde
7. Constipation 6 of 7 days & loss of bladder control when sneezing (not prior to now on bladder)
8. Bruising (several 5-12 small dime sized bruising appear on legs for not reason several x's a month)
9. MENSTRUAL CYCLE: Never had troublesome, painful or skipped periods till mid 2009- I started skipping periods though heavy and painful when they did come. Year 2010 only 4 periods total. 2011- periods (last being Feb 2011). 2012 no periods.
10. Hip pain left dull ache & tender to touch or sleep on (to extent I had friend xray to make sure it was fractured see below)
12. Vision - Near sighted though, script has increased for 2nd straight year and blurry vision.