On Methimazole For 6 (?) years

I have been on Methimazole since December 2003 (I think?) At 1st I was on 30mg a day; then it went to 20;then 10; then 5; and at last 5 every other day or so. I am in a unique situation, having just been released from prison where I was being treated. Now, pennyless and living in the highest unemployment state in the US I have run out of meds, have no job, and no health insurance. My last panels said my levels were "normal" (euthyroid), but that was in June. I know that other pharmaceutical companies offer free meds to those in dire/unique situations. So, long story not so short, does anyone have any advice or leads? I see that I can buy it online w/ no prescription, but, being a broke college student doesn't make that a very good plan. Thanks for your input.
bumping this up for others to post.................
Isnt there a Prison Reform Group like they have here in Australia where they help you get back on your feet after getting out of prison?
Maybe even appraoching a Church will help out in some way.
Sorry but I'm not from USA so dont know how the other half live.
Thanks for the input. I actually looked into the prison reform but due to the massive cuts in the state's budget, they canceled this part of the program in May. I am still hopeful!
Are you sure you still need the methimazole?  Without blood tests its hard to tell- but maybe your body has self corrected? Have you noticed any difference since you have been off the meds?