Thyroid Disorders Community
26k Members

Papillary Ca

Total thyroidectomy 2/29/08.  Voice still hoarse, lump still only letting me eat soft stuff.  How much longer for this to go away.  I'm frustrated.  Surgeon tried to aspirate fluid from my neck, no luck.  Going back today then endo on thurs.  RAI starts about when?  A little fatigue and cold feet right now, is it going to get worse?  Ears are still plugged and pop a lot.  Normal??? Thanks for any info.  Diane
Hi Diane,
I just wanted to say, I'm sorry you are feeling bad.  I am new to this so can't answer your questions, but I hope you are feeling better soon.
Irene
You  may have the connective tissue formed between the scar and the voice box. In most cases this tissue breaks off within 21 days.