A
A
A
Close
Thyroid Disorders Community
26.1k Members
518621 tn?1211810777

Parpituary (sp) disorders in HIV positives

Ive been positive for 16  years and just actually found out 6 years ago when diagnosed with AIDS and  meningitis.  I wound up hospitalized for a month and went through test , transfusions and all kind sof stuff.  In short I almost died.  I am still here like a cockroach surviving end of days but developed a salivary gland disease and now the docs are saying my testosterone levels are way abnormal and want me to come in for more tests and bloodwork.  Ive been telling them I feel out of wack for the last few years and they attributed it to depression, now they are thinking it may actually be a physical thing and are wanting to get me on hormone replacement therapy and check my parpituary glands.  Do you think this may be what is causeing alot of my distress?  Its very annoying, my HIV is fine,,no viral and high (700plus) CD4 count.  Thanx Dave
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Thyroid Answerers
649848 tn?1534633700
FL
MI
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
We tapped the CDC for information on what you need to know about radiation exposure
Endocrinologist Mark Lupo, MD, answers 10 questions about thyroid disorders and how to treat them
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child