Thyroid Disorders Community
26k Members

Pediatric Drug Trial using T3 and Amphetamines

To Whom it May Concern
In my prepubescent years I was a participant in a drug trial for weight loss. I was administered huge quantities of T3 and Amphetamines over a 4 year period. When I went to see an Endocrinologist he said that there was no treatment. I researched the internet and found 5 lever arch folders full of articles. It seems very dangerous as it could be called a primary hormone.

I need to find what the long term effects of a drug trial is?

Most professionals do not know as there is no subject matter that they have found.
Were you hyperthyroid during that time? I have many adverse health issues after a year of hyperthyroidism. I have read amphetamine treatment has been linked to slowing in height and weight growth in some children.  I also found this article from Science Daily - Adolescent amphetamine use linked to permanent changes in brain function and behavior...

"Amphetamine use in adolescence can cause neurobiological imbalances and increase risk-taking behaviour, and these effects can persist into adulthood, even when subjects are drug free. These are the conclusions of a new study using animal models conducted by McGill University Health Centre (MUHC) researcher Dr. Gabriella Gobbi and her colleagues. The study, published in The International Journal of Neuropsychopharmacology, is one of the first to shed light on how long-term amphetamine use in adolescence affects brain chemistry and behaviour."