A
A
Close
Thyroid Disorders Community
26k Members
10969071 tn?1485460779

Pediatric Drug Trial using T3 and Amphetamines

To Whom it May Concern
In my prepubescent years I was a participant in a drug trial for weight loss. I was administered huge quantities of T3 and Amphetamines over a 4 year period. When I went to see an Endocrinologist he said that there was no treatment. I researched the internet and found 5 lever arch folders full of articles. It seems very dangerous as it could be called a primary hormone.

I need to find what the long term effects of a drug trial is?

Most professionals do not know as there is no subject matter that they have found.
1 Responses
1756321 tn?1547098925
Were you hyperthyroid during that time? I have many adverse health issues after a year of hyperthyroidism. I have read amphetamine treatment has been linked to slowing in height and weight growth in some children.  I also found this article from Science Daily - Adolescent amphetamine use linked to permanent changes in brain function and behavior...

"Amphetamine use in adolescence can cause neurobiological imbalances and increase risk-taking behaviour, and these effects can persist into adulthood, even when subjects are drug free. These are the conclusions of a new study using animal models conducted by McGill University Health Centre (MUHC) researcher Dr. Gabriella Gobbi and her colleagues. The study, published in The International Journal of Neuropsychopharmacology, is one of the first to shed light on how long-term amphetamine use in adolescence affects brain chemistry and behaviour."

Have an Answer?
Top Thyroid Answerers
649848 tn?1534637300
FL
MI
1756321 tn?1547098925
Queensland, Australia
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
We tapped the CDC for information on what you need to know about radiation exposure
Endocrinologist Mark Lupo, MD, answers 10 questions about thyroid disorders and how to treat them
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.