A
A
Close
Thyroid Disorders Community
26k Members
1128565 tn?1316724743

Periods, Thyroid, Adrennals - Depression

Hi Mark & All New to this site, I'm Lorraine

I suffer terriable with hormonal depreesion currently on 175mg,s of venlafluxine, plus two 400mg's of
progesterone. Also recently been undergoing tests for Adrennal's underactive and I am on 10mg's of
hydrocortisol, I have underactive thyroid and on 100mg's of thyroxine per day.
I am a single mum and find it difficult to cope and feel guilty because of this. I think my depression has worsened since on these steroids. I am on a rollercoaster ride up and downs. I don't really want to go on strong
anti-depressants, what should I do? Also why do some people with thyroid suffer depression more than others?
Kind Regards

Lorraine X
1 Responses
231441 tn?1333896366
Can you post your thryoid test results and the reference ranges please.

Sometimes people are undermedicated or not optimally medicated to get rid of their symptoms.  If you can post your results we may be able to give you better feedback.

Have an Answer?
Top Thyroid Answerers
649848 tn?1534637300
FL
MI
1756321 tn?1547098925
Queensland, Australia
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
We tapped the CDC for information on what you need to know about radiation exposure
Endocrinologist Mark Lupo, MD, answers 10 questions about thyroid disorders and how to treat them
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.