Thyroid Disorders Community
26k Members

Periods, Thyroid, Adrennals - Depression

Hi Mark & All New to this site, I'm Lorraine

I suffer terriable with hormonal depreesion currently on 175mg,s of venlafluxine, plus two 400mg's of
progesterone. Also recently been undergoing tests for Adrennal's underactive and I am on 10mg's of
hydrocortisol, I have underactive thyroid and on 100mg's of thyroxine per day.
I am a single mum and find it difficult to cope and feel guilty because of this. I think my depression has worsened since on these steroids. I am on a rollercoaster ride up and downs. I don't really want to go on strong
anti-depressants, what should I do? Also why do some people with thyroid suffer depression more than others?
Kind Regards

Lorraine X
Can you post your thryoid test results and the reference ranges please.

Sometimes people are undermedicated or not optimally medicated to get rid of their symptoms.  If you can post your results we may be able to give you better feedback.