Thyroid Disorders Community

Please describe your experience with thyroid nodule.

The main function of the thyroid gland in the neck is to make thyroid hormone, which is essential for normal growth and metabolism.Nodules are simply lumps which are either solid or fluid-filled. Goiter is simply a term for an enlarged thyroid gland. Autopsy studies have revealed that up to 50% of all adults die carrying at least one thyroid nodule. These people may or may not have been aware of the presence of their thyroid nodules.Thyroid nodules are found more commonly as people age.Most thyroid nodules are benign and not cancerous.Only 5% of all thyroid nodules will be discovered to be thyroid cancer.Finding cancer in a thyroid nodule is more likely in a person younger than age 30 or older than age 60 years.However, it is important to remember that only a small percentage of people with thyroid cancer die as a result of their thyroid cancer.
I recently had a cervical MRI and discovered I have multiple benign thyroid nodules. I didn't have any symptoms and was totally unaware of this. I had a cervical MRI 4 years ago from an accident and didn't have the nodules then.
I have a 1.8 x 2.8 x 1.4 thyroid nodule with hypoechoic features, increased vascularity and I have been told I don't need an FNA (fine-needle aspiration). My TSH levels are normal.
I woke up with a sore stiff neck after 3 days of not being able to move my head. I went to the doctor who sent me for a scan. I was found to have a single node on my right thyroid and swollen lymph nodes. The radiologist told me to make an appointment with the doctor who would want to have a chat.
I'm scared. I feel a numbness, pins and needles on my left side, and brain fog, plus pins and needles with terrible anxiety. I feel pressure in my left ear and difficulty sleeping and can see the goiter in my left side. I can't swallow well. I went to the emergency room and had a CT scan today it came back clear. I am a nervous wreck worrying about thyroid nodules.
I have a hypoechoic thyroid nodule too of size 1.2 cm and I was told to do FNA (fine needle aspiration). I have multinodular goiter.