Thyroid Disorders Community
26k Members

Poll, How many of us are on Synthroid and are HAPPY.

Hi, i have been reading so much on Synthroid VS Armour, and i am tempting to switch to Armour myself.. before making that decision, I wonder, how many of us, who are on Synthroid, and are happy. we probably heard more negative feedbacks, and there might be plenty of us are happy with Synthroid?

my personal experience is that, the bigger picture, Synthroid helped me, and whenever i had symptoms, such as fatigue, low energy, depression, constipation and hair loss, i raised the dose and soon i started to feel better. but since i was never on Armour, so i couldn't compare, and maybe Armour will be easier to manage so i don't have to keep running into this roller coster?

just thought it might be worthwhile to hear the other side of the story.
With me it is the same scenario for symptoms but I lowered my dosage!  I've been as high as 100mcgs with TSH 0.667 and as low as 75mcgs with last ck. at TSH 1.8 .... so sometimes it's a matter of dosing adjustment.

Overall, I am better with the replacement hormone than au natural!  I am one of the lucky ones I guess.

Cheryl - partial thyroidectomy 1/07 .. other side never started to work again which happens 20% of the time + cancer supression so either way I'm in this for long haul!
Been on levoxyl or synthroid for about 30 years.  Taking 200 mcg per day, which is a full daily replacement.  T4 and T3 at high end of range and TSH is at very low end.  Basal temp. is 97.7.  No symptoms and I feel great.
I have been on 125 mcg Synthroid for a little over 2 years now following TT for Graves.  I had one small dosage adjustment 3 months after surger and have felt great ever since.  My levels have been rock solid (T4, T3 and TSH).  Like ChitChat, I feel way better now that I did for a long time when my thyroid was going all wacky on me.

I'm on 125mg of Oroxine (Australian brand of thyroxine) since my TT 2 years ago. I've never had adjustments as my test results come up 'normal' but I don't feel normal. I feel tired, have dry skin, sometimes depressed, and have gained about 3 kgs (6lbs) and do struggle to loose weight. I worry that I will keep gaining weight.

In Australia we don't have Armour and Docs don't like to prescribe T3 meds.
I am on levthothyroxine 200 mcg and I feel pretty good at this dose. I am alos bi polar so sometimes I am not sure the ups and downs  emotionally are the bi polar or the lack of a thryod but my endo is happy with my numbers an d so am I  I have lost some weight and I am continuing to loose with diet and exercise. Outside of the aches and pains at the end of the day I would say all is good.physically.
Love Venora
Sub sternal goiter with pap cancer Sept 06
I'm on 150 mcg of Synthroid since my TT 8 months ago and I'm doing fine. Last lab work showed all my thyroid levels right in the center of the normal ranges.