Radioactive Iodine

IF a one time does is  giving by mouth, what are the side effects and long term advise reaction and contra-indications of radioactive iodine?
Depends on the dose and what you are being treated for.   Hyperthyroidism/Graves or cancer?

****
****
****
its for Graves disease
The levels that I was given (and other cancer patients) is so much higher than what is given for Graves.  The reference materials I sent to you discuss I-131 but realize that some of it (especially on thyroidcancer.org) refers to the high doses given cancer patients.

There are others with Graves on here who have had I-131.  I'm sure they can add more

You are reading content posted in the Thyroid Disorders Community