Thyroid Disorders Community

Rapid changes of hypo and hypethyroidism?

what would you think about a patient describing cycling severe symptoms of hypo and hyperthyroidism (including documented sympts which fit myxedema coma) within hours or days (proved by photos and recorder rapid changes in weight, muscles and body temp) with these values:
TSH:
   21.1. 3,38;
   29.1. 2,87;
   2.2. 3,43;
fT4:
   21.1. 11,24
   22.1. 11,6
   29.1. 10,4
fT3:
   26.1. 1,9 (normal range for our lab from 2,6)

Thank you for your opinion.
COMMUNITY LEADER
What are the reference ranges for the FT4 and the FT3?  Ranges vary lab to lab and have to come from your own reports... If the samples were all analyzed by the same lab, you need only list them once for each parameter.  

I see you have 2.6 for the FT3... Is that the bottom of the range?

None of your TSH values are overly high, but we'll have to see about the others.  

Myxedema coma is hypothyroidism so severe that one goes into a coma... This is a life-threatening condition that requires immediate, emergency care.  Did you actually go into a coma?  

As far as I can see, nothing you've posted indicates hyperthyroidism, but of course, that depends on the reference ranges for the FT4 and FT3.  Many symptoms can apply to either hyper or hypo...  

I can reply further once I know the reference ranges for the FT4 and FT3...