Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Reading TSH

I dropped a substantial amount of weight, although my eating habits have not changed and I haven't been exercising.  I'm 25, 5'3 and my current weight is 114lbs.  My weight became a concern to some of my other family members so I decided to get my TSH checked.  My mother and aunt have thyroid problems, my hands shake randomly (it feels like my muscles are weak), and I get moody.  Those are my 'symptoms', plus the weight lose.  The result came back at 0.3 and the 'standard range' they gave me was 0.2-5.5.  So according to the range, I'm alright...I guess.  My question is if I'm leaning towards one end of the range but not completely off the chart, is it still possible to encounter some of the symptoms?
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
The AACE normal range is now .3 to 3.0.  My labs range is .45 to 4.50.  You may be experiencing symptoms of hyper even though the results are in range.  Everyone is different.  Your symptoms could also be from adrenal fatigue.  I would go back to the doctor and get you adrenals checked either by urine testing or have them check your blood for DHEA, cortisol, B12 and Vit D.  Also a full metabolic panel would be helpful, too.
Helpful - 0
377600 tn?1225163436
Clarify--normal and abnormal TSH readings--sorry.
Helpful - 0
377600 tn?1225163436
Have your thyroid antibodies checked because you can have normal and abnormal readings if they are high.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Thyroid Disorders Community

Top Thyroid Answerers
649848 tn?1534633700
FL
MI
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
We tapped the CDC for information on what you need to know about radiation exposure
Endocrinologist Mark Lupo, MD, answers 10 questions about thyroid disorders and how to treat them
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.