Reading TSH

I dropped a substantial amount of weight, although my eating habits have not changed and I haven't been exercising.  I'm 25, 5'3 and my current weight is 114lbs.  My weight became a concern to some of my other family members so I decided to get my TSH checked.  My mother and aunt have thyroid problems, my hands shake randomly (it feels like my muscles are weak), and I get moody.  Those are my 'symptoms', plus the weight lose.  The result came back at 0.3 and the 'standard range' they gave me was 0.2-5.5.  So according to the range, I'm alright...I guess.  My question is if I'm leaning towards one end of the range but not completely off the chart, is it still possible to encounter some of the symptoms?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
The AACE normal range is now .3 to 3.0.  My labs range is .45 to 4.50.  You may be experiencing symptoms of hyper even though the results are in range.  Everyone is different.  Your symptoms could also be from adrenal fatigue.  I would go back to the doctor and get you adrenals checked either by urine testing or have them check your blood for DHEA, cortisol, B12 and Vit D.  Also a full metabolic panel would be helpful, too.
Helpful - 0
Clarify--normal and abnormal TSH readings--sorry.
Helpful - 0
Have your thyroid antibodies checked because you can have normal and abnormal readings if they are high.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Thyroid Disorders Community