Thyroid Disorders Community
26k Members

SORE THROAT

I HAD A TOTAL THYROIDECTOMY LAST JUNE, I AM  STILL TRYING TO GET MY CALCIUM REGULATED, I HAVE NOTICE MY HAIR IS NOW THINNING. I USE TO HAVE VERY THICK AND WAVY HAIR. MY DOC SAYS THE SYNTHROID WOULD NOT BEING DOING IT. I DO FEEL MORE MOODY AND EMOTIONAL.I HAVE HAD A SORE THROAT FOR A COUPLE OF MONTHS NOW. ITS SEEMS LIKE ITS ONLY SORE WHERE THE NODULE WAS REMOVED, JUSE THOUGHT I WOULD SHARE THIS WITH ANYONE ELSE WHO MAY HAVE SOME OF THESE SYMPTOMS..

This discussion is related to Synthroid medication causing hair loss.
If your calcium is unregulated, you should have your parathyroid checked. Sometimes the para is nicked when the thyroid is removed.

- viv