Thyroid Disorders Community

THYROID

THIS IS THE RESULT OF A ULTRASOUND IN JULY 2015:Prior studies are done on July 24, 2014, November 20, 2012 and March 8, 2009.

Right lobe of the thyroid is measured 5.1 x 1.4 x 1.9 cm. Homogeneous echogenicity is present.

Left lobe is 5.1 x 1.3 x 1.7 cm. Isoechoic nodule is seen in the lobe injuring 0.8 cm.

Isthmus is measured 0.3 cm.

Conclusion: Hyperplastic nodule left lobe. Goiter

NOW HERE IS THE RESULT OF MY ULTRASOUND ON 22 DECEMBER 2015:
Comparison: 7/23/2015 thyroid ultrasound.

Findings: Right lobe of thyroid 4.7 x 1.4 x 1.9 cm in homogeneous without mass. Left lobe of thyroid 5.0 x 1.4 x 1.7 cm with solid nodule lower pole left lobe of thyroid 1.7 x 0.9 x 1.3 cm with mild vascularity with color Doppler ultrasound. Previous measurement 0.7 x 0.8 x 0.7 cm right review assessment demonstrates 1.7 x 0.8 x 0.7 cm. Isthmus measures 0.4 cm.

Impression: 1. Lower pole solid nodule left lobe of thyroid 1.7 x 0.9 x 1.3 cm. 2. Recommend followup ultrasound in 6 months

MY DOCTOR KEEPS TELLING ME THAT I JUST NEED TO FOLLOW UP IN 6 MONTHS FOR ANOTHER ULTRASOUND. MY MOTHER'S SIDE OF THE FAMILY ALL HAVE PROBLEMS WITH THEIR THYROID, EVEN MY UNCLE. MY MOTHER HAD HYPERTHYROIDISIM, AT ONE TIME I WAS WEIGHING 235LBS ABOUT 8 MONTHS AGO NOW I WEIGH ABOUT 205LBS. I HAD TO CHANGE DIET AND STARTED WALKING. I JUST WANT TO KNOW IF THIS DIAGNOSIS IS OKAY OR DO I NEED TO SEE AN ENDOCRINOLOGIST.
THANK YOU FOR ANY INFORMATION.
I would definitely be seeing an endocrinologist,  what are your thyroid levels? Not the sizes but levels ,T3, T4, TSH, FREE T3 , FREE T4 levels. Are they all normal? With a goiter your levels must be off.  Have they checked?
First time the color Doppler was not measured; if vasulatity  was absent before and it is present now, and the nodule grew up I would ask about biopsy