Thyroid Disorders Community

TIRED!!

Today marks 6 weeks that I've been off my Levo.  I have the thyroid ultrasound and uptake scan next Wednesday.  This time the fatigue did not hit me as quickly though.  Last year it hit within a week of taking my last dose of Levo, this time around it didn't hit me until yesterday.  Yesterday morning and this morning I could barely get out of bed and get ready for work.  I haven't been Hypo in a long time so this is bringing back some pretty bad memories.  The last ultrasound did show that I now have a multinodular goiter.  In the past I only had one nodule.  I'm getting to the point where I just wish they would take the crazy thing out so I can get off this Hyper/Hypo  roller coaster.  My niece had hers removed about 6 years ago and said she felt great once they got her meds adjusted.  What do those of you who have had yours removed think?
Why are you off your thyroid meds? I see no indication that you had a removal for cancer correct?

I only see a goiter issue and usually you do not need to go off meds to have another US scan w/out meds to see what's up/
She took me off six weeks ago for the uptake scan.  They found another nodule when they did my last US.