Thyroid Disorders Community

TSH 16.2, but Free T3 3.8. Should I care about TSH?

In April I switched from Levothyroxine to Nature Made.  I started with:
TSH of 2.37 now 16.24;
FT4 1.3 now 0.81;
FT3 2.8 now 3.4; and
Thyroid Peroxidase antibodies of 276.8 now 451.2.  

Symptomwise I feel largely the same - aweful!

So five Questions:

1.   Since FT3 is improving, should I not stress about the TSH and FT4?
2.   How high is high for antibodies?
3.   What have others done to bring antibodies down?
4.   Brownstein does warn that TSH will go up with initial Iodine use, but to 16??
5.   First time I was told to fast for thyroid test.  Any of you been asked to fast?

Background: I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's 24 years ago.  For 15 years I appeared stable. After some medical challenges (ITP a autoimmune disease) and more, I was convenience my thyroid was wacko, but all I ever got from docs were "TSH" looks good, until last year when my TSH went Hyper.  Then a couple people told me about and shared Brownstein's books on Thyroid and Iodine.  Couldn't get into to see Brownstein's so started on iodine and supplements on my own.  That tanked me fast!  Found another doc who knew Brownstein and his protocols.  I'll spare you the details, but I did at least learn that in her experience, many with Hashimoto's don't respond well to iodine.  I'm still convinced that iodine is likely my underlying cause (labs show I'm at 50% of what I should be and toxic for bromide).  But right now, working on stabilizing thyroid mostly.
With Hashi;'s confirmed by the TPO ab test result, along with the high TSH and your FT4 and FT3 results, and you feeling awful, and with the advent of iodized salt, why are you still convinced that iodine is the underlying cause of your problem?  

seems to me that your first priority has to be to get your Free T4 to the middle of its range, at minimum, and your Free T3 in the upper third of its range, as necessary to relieve hypo symptoms.  Since hypo patients are so frequently low in the ranges for Vitamin D, B12 and ferritin, those should be tested and supplemented as needed.  There are a few other tests that may become advisable, but those would be a good start.  

By the way you don't need to fast for a thyroid test.  If you are taking a T3 med, then it is best to defer your morning dose until after the blood draw.