Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

TSH question

I just had my TSH retested and the level was 0.02, one month ago it was 0.14 --My PCP labeled it as thyroiditis  and my FT4 was 1.4.  my doctor said these levels are fine.. I feel like ****.. does anyone else have this issue or suggestions as to what I should do now?

I am definitely NOT losing weight so I don't see how this works!! HELP!
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hello ,
TSH of .14 and .02 is almost the same (very slight difference ) !
Helpful - 0
(the range for FT4 = 0.8-1.5 ) you are right no FT3 was ran on Tuesday at my appt, just the Ft4 and TSH.  and My TSH level dropped from 0.14 to 0.02 in a month.

As far as her calling it Thyroiditis, I guess b/c of my symptoms- and the fact I just had a baby 3 months ago. I am not sure... she doesn't seem to concerned about it though..I am NOT on any meds for this.

•Fatigue
•Weakness
•Weight gain or increased difficulty losing weight
•Coarse, dry hair
•Constipation
•Irritability
•Palpitations
•Heat intolerance
•Insomnia
•Breathlessness
absent menstrual periods
Fast heart rate and Warm moist skin
Helpful - 0
649848 tn?1534633700
COMMUNITY LEADER
What was the reference range for the FT4?  Is it safe to assume that there was no FT3 run?  Your TSH is definitely below the current range of 0.3-3.0, so was it a month ago and I really understand your doctor saying these levels are "fine".  Depending on the range for your FT4, it's possible that you could be hyper, but of course, there's no way of knowing for sure without an FT3, which is the active thyroid hormone.  

Have you been diagnosed with a thyroid condition? Have you been tested for antibodies?  On what basis did your doctor determine "thyroiditis"?  Are you currently on thyroid med?  If so, what med and what dosage?

As far as weight loss - it's possible to hold onto (or even gain) weight when one is hypER, so the fact that you aren't losing weight is not a good indicator.  I'm starting to lose weight and I still have hypO symptoms.  

Your symptoms are actually the most important, so it would be good if you could tell us what they are.  
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Thyroid Disorders Community

Top Thyroid Answerers
649848 tn?1534633700
FL
MI
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
We tapped the CDC for information on what you need to know about radiation exposure
Endocrinologist Mark Lupo, MD, answers 10 questions about thyroid disorders and how to treat them
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.