Thyroid Disorders Community

Thyroglobulin antibodies

What does these results mean?

Thyroglobulin antibodies is 18 IU/ml (0-150) and my
thyroid Peroxidase is 7 IU/ml (0-150).

my Tg  is <1 ug/l (<55)
and is says that the presence of anti-thyroglobulin antibodies may cause falsely low thyroglobulin  results, including undetectable thyroglobulin results.

I think there are lack of responses because the numbers are confusing. For example, what I have (test reading) is for TgAb: 47 IU/ml with the range being from 0-40. Obviously somewhat elevated.
Obviously in N.Z. there test is different?

I looked at your profile and considering what you've been through, your doctor should be more than willing to discuss your lab results with you. I would write down a few questions/concerns and bring them with you to your next appointment. You need to be "in the know.

Best to you!