Thyroid Disorders Community
26k Members

Thyroid- Best help for shedding hair

I use apoghee protein treatment for thyroid hair shedding.  Though its suggested use is every three weeks, I use it every week.  It helps with the extreme hair shedding.  As soon as I notice shedding I began to use it again.  Also I find that you should not comb your hair wet.  Comb your hair prior to washing it, and excessive hair loss in the shower should not be a problem.  I have really long hair (middle of my back), and have been taking synthroid for about 4months now.  I believe I have been having Thyroid symptoms for 3 years now (thats when the shedding and loss of eyebrows began). I am also seeing a dermetologist and getting vitamin blood work done.  I would suggest this to anyone who has a thyroid problem. (I know this isn't a question, but I am new to this site, and was unsure as to how to post a response).

This discussion is related to Synthroid medication causing hair loss.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hair loss is usually a symptom of being hypo, not from taking the medication.  If your thyroid levels are right for you, you should not have a problem with shedding.