A
A
A
Close
Thyroid Disorders Community
26k Members
440728 tn?1234648902

Thyroid Lump

Sorry I posted a similiar question last week and thanks so much for all the replies. I was hoping it would just mean a thyroid disorder like Hahsi's as Stella thinks. But my TFT's have come back normal!!! And i've been booked in for an urgent scan on Tuesday and depending on the results if it's not a plain cyst, then for a biopsy. I'm terrified!!!! I know what they're ruling out. But I just want to ask, could it not be that my thyroid is only just starting to fail so it hasn't had time to show up in my bloods yet? the doc said no, but then past experience has taught me docs are often wrong!!!
My mum had Hasis and started off with a goitre and kept swinging from hyper to hypo before finally settling in hypo. and my 2 sisters are hypo without hashi's. So could i still have hashis developing even though my TFTs are still normal? Or is this looking really bad? A lump with normal TFTs!!!! Im so scared.
1 Responses
649848 tn?1534637300
COMMUNITY LEADER
Have you had antibody tests done?  If so, what were the results?

It is possible to have normal FT's with Hashi's.  Could be that the antibodies just haven't destroyed your thyroid yet, so it's still producing hormone.  

Try to relax about the scan and/or biopsy, if it's necessary.  The doctor has to cover all the bases.
Have an Answer?
Top Thyroid Answerers
649848 tn?1534637300
FL
MI
1756321 tn?1547098925
Queensland, Australia
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
We tapped the CDC for information on what you need to know about radiation exposure
Endocrinologist Mark Lupo, MD, answers 10 questions about thyroid disorders and how to treat them
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.