Thyroid Disorders Community

Thyroid Specialist in KC area

I'm looking for recommendations for specialists in the KC area who look at more than just the TSH test and actually treat symptoms.  I have a strong family history of thyroid problems, including my mother.  I have goiters that I have had biopsied twice, with normal results.  I fall in the normal range of the TSH and the three doctors that I have been to, including one endocrinologist, have made me feel like a total hypochondriac for suggesting that there might be other  tests that could determine other levels.  I am constantly exhausted, heart palpitations, high cholesterol (only became elevated in the last 5 years), weight gain despite exercise and eating well, feel like I'm in a fog, etc.  I was given a prescription for an antidepressant and told to try to lose some weight.  I would love to hear success stories with doctors in the area...it is becoming overwhelming!
I just sent you a PM with some info.  To access, click on your name and then from your personal page, click on messages.