Thyroid Disorders Community

Thyroid and Kidney function

Hi All,
Have any of you experienced any connection between your thyroid and kidney and/or bladder issues?  I have had kidney stones both times my thyroid went really out of whack...once when I was first diagnosed as being hyper and once when I went hypo after RAI.  My doctor says there isn't any research indicating that kidney and thyroid problems are related, but I just don't buy the coincidence.  Also, has any one experienced any uncomfortable bladder pain or burning, possible from the medication?  Thanks for the input.  

Mellowscout...back again.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Do some research on parathyroids.  Their ONLY purpose is to regulate the calcium level in our bodies within a very narrow range.  Kidney stones are often comprised of calcium and are also one symptom of parathyroid disease.  You might want to check the website:
www.parathyroid.com for more information.

It's important to note that the parathyroids and the thyroid have nothing in common, other than the fact that they are "neighbors" in the body and both are part of the endocrine system.  They share none of the same responsibilities.