Thyroid Disorders Community

Thyroid cancer

I had a TT in Nov of last year due to Pap cancer. I did not do radiation because my endocrinologist assured me I didn't need it. I'm going for a ultrasound today because of the huge lump in my throat where my thyroid was. What are the chances of it coming back since I didn't do RAI? My surgeon (who scheduled the ultrasound) did not check my thyroglobulin levels yet.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Unfortunately, that's impossible for us to say, however, we wish you the best of luck on your ultrasound and hope you'll come back and let us know what they say.