Thyroid Disorders Community

Thyroid labs results

I had lab work done and some of my thyroid test came back abnormal. My thyroglobulin is 488 and my TSH is .182. What could be causing this. My thyroglobulin has been very high for about a year and first my doctor assumed lab error but now that it's been retested he doesn't know. I do have a nodule that was said to be benign. Could have they missed something on the biopsy? Btw I'm a 24 year women with a family history of thyroid disease and cancer.
Also I haven't been diagnosed with any thyroid disease and am not on thyroid medication. The normal range for thyroglobulin is 0-50 and normal for TSH is .358-3.800.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Is that actually Thyroglobulin or is Thyroglobulin Antibodies?  They are 2 different things.  Thyroglobulin is a protein produced and used by the thyroid gland.  Thyroglobulin Antibodies are antibodies produced when the body sees the thyroid as foreign and produces antibodies to destroy it.

Thyroglobulin levels can be high when one has hypothyroidism.  Thyroglobulin Antibodies can be present when one has Hashimoto's Thyroiditis.

Are those the only 2 tests your doctor ordered?  What about Free T3 and Free T4?  Thyroid Peroxidase Antibodies?

What, if any, symptoms do you have?
COMMUNITY LEADER
Sorry, I meant Thyroglobulin levels can be high when one has hypERthyroidism, not hypothyroidism...