Thyroid Disorders Community
26k Members

Thyroid nodules with normal bloodwork but hyperthyroid-like symptoms

Hello.  I was just diagnosed with 2 thyroid nodules.  My bloodwork was normal, however, I have hyperthyroid-like symptoms that come and go.  I have heart palpitations (couple times a week), and spells of rapid heart beat (once or twice a month where my resting heart rate rises to about 120, then after 3-8 minutues, it will slow back down to around 95-100). I have worn a heart monitor, and my resting rate is usually around 100.  The heart doctor says everthing is okay.  The thyroid dr. put me on levothyroxin.  Is this the right medication for me considering my heart issues?  I also have symptoms of hoarseness in the afternoon/evening (not every day), waking up in the middle of the night gasping for air (once every 2-3 months and only when I sleep on my back), a slight sore throat all the time, tremors during the night (once every 2-3 months).  Could the nodules be causing these symptoms?  Thank you!
have you had an uptake scan?  I had two nodules, and endo thought they were fighting against one another (they were in opposite lobes) and causing the heart palps, rapid heart beat, being very hot/sweaty.  Endo put me on Methimazole.  Not very experienced writing to answer questions.  Just to the point of thinking about doing RAI.  Hope someone else answers you.  Good luck.  I was diagnosed with Grave's.
I am four years out after having a total thyroidectomy.  I had one large nodule, normal blood work, and what appeared to be a normal ultrasound and fine needle testing.  I pushed for surgery and my instincts were correct.  Two weeks after removal of right side I was back in the hospital having the left side removed also.  It was diagnosed as follicular thyroid cancer.  I would definately recommend further testing due to the sore throat symptoms and swallowing problem.  I also had those and thought it was due to allergy sinus problems or light snoring.  Good luck and make sure you have continued doctor monitoring!!!
Any progress since? I am struggling to get a diagnosis, i have identical symptoms to you. 4cm nodule, wake up choking regularly, tight chest, breathless, dull ache in the side of the nodule, extreme fatigue, constant  I fainted Sunday and tremors yesterday. Need a solution. Struggling to find any answers
Any progress since? I am struggling to get a diagnosis, i have identical symptoms to you. 4cm nodule, wake up choking regularly, tight chest, breathless, dull ache in the side of the nodule, extreme fatigue, constant diareaha  I fainted Sunday and tremors yesterday. Need a solution. Struggling to find any answers