Thyroid Disorders Community

Thyroid production and Unfermented soybean products

I have recently read this article: http://www.naturalnews.com/z025513.html
According to this article, soybeans contain goitrogens, a substance that can block the production of thyroid hormones, as well as, cause goiter formation.  Fermenting soybeans break down many potent anti-nutrients that are harmful for human consumption. So many of the soy products we eat today are unfermented, such as whole soybeans, soy milk, soy protein, soy flour, soy chips, ect...

I have hypothyroidism and drink a soy protein smoothy every morning.  Is this article right on?
I have since removed as much soy product as I can out of my daily consumption. You have to label read everything as they put it into almost everything. Take a look at a whey protein shake instead....just make sure you read the label as some companies still like to mix the soy in with the whey. Soy is a cheap filler for everything.